Back to vacancies
Grounds Maintenance Operative - Temporary
Undertake duties as required within a work programme
that ensures the parks’ grounds are suitable for public access and enjoyment. Work as part of a team to ensure the
maintenance schedule is implemented as per seasonal requirements.
Salary: £21,575 per annum
Hours of Work: 37 Hours per week
Contract Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Tasks will include use of appropriate machinery/equipment
commensurate with the maintenance of the parks e.g. strimmers, mowers, hedge
cutters, chainsaws etc.
- Undertake necessary training as required in
order to operate machinery/equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring personal
protective equipment is adequate for purpose.
- Required to drive Council vehicles on site
to transport equipment and goods.
- Undertake maintenance tasks within parks
(and facilities) including minor repair work, painting, general maintenance in
order to ensure a high standard of public service is provided at all times.
- Promote environmental good practice by
taking positive steps to minimise damage to the environment and disturbance to
- Carry out regular daily duties including
tasks such as litter picking, cleaning and emptying bins.
Full clean driving Licence is required
- Ability to work independently and using own initiative
- Excellent team player
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an effective manner
- Ability to plan and organise workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to display natural initiative
- Experience of effective safe use of hand tools
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Type: Temporary
Hours of Work: FullTime
Expiration Date: 30/04/2023