Back to vacancies
A large high street law firm with offices in Liverpool and Bootle, is recruiting for a Legal Cashier to work in its Bootle Office.
This role entails working in a busy Accounts Team, dealing with the following duties:
- Bank reconciliation.
- Office and client cheque requests in
accordance with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR’s)
- Office and client banking in accordance
- Recording payments of creditors (office
related, i.e. gas, etc)
- Month end income figures
- Month end procedure
- Maintaining cashflow report
- Variance analysis
- Keep true record of aged debts, monitor &
chase Aged Debts accordingly
- Storage management of previous year accounts
(6 year rotating system)
- Maintaining evidence of ID records for
monitoring by the MLO
- Recording incoming fee notes
- Monitoring interest payments due to clients
- Producing invoices from statements of legal services, crown court and central Funds payments. Transfers from client account
and creating aged debts.
- Entering monies from Legal Aid Agency BACS statements, checking ledgers,
dealing with transfers and clearing the file finance to
allow for closure.
- Liaising with costings department, fee
earners \&amp; secretaries
- Entering and authorising Bank payments
- Pay credit card
- Process Card Payments
- Reconciliation of PBA account
- Deal with errors / problems by bank
- Send monthly reports to bank
- Monitoring \&amp; dealing with stale cheques
- Fees by fee earner report (including
disbursements, debts and recoverability figures)
- Check for mileage going over 10,000 miles
- Review matters to ensure no money sitting in
c/a following the end of a matter
- Dealing with mobile phone bills
- Maintain advances report
- Monitor card payments file for paperwork that
can be destroyed
- Maintain WIP report
- Ensure overall compliance with SAR’s
In addition to the above, you may be required to attend meetings, performance reviews, and training sessions.
HoursPart time, 24 hours per week.
The successful applicant must have the ability to:
- Monitor and evaluate their own workload in order to meet targets and deadlines.
- A confident telephone manner and ability to retain information is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience is required.
Salaryis dependent on experience.
To applyIf you are unemployed and wish to register with Sefton@Work, please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: PartTime
Expiration Date: 11/04/2023