Back to vacancies
Yard Assistant - Bootle
Are you interested in working in an outdoor environment and using or
building a knowledge of cars and car parts ?
Do you take pride in organising and ensuring things are clean, tidy and
putting systems in place to keep things safe and well organised?
If so, a family run business, based in Bootle, is looking to recruit a Yard Assistant to support the team.
Working under the direction of the Receptionist/Site Manager, you will
be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the yard is kept clean and tidy by organising, cleaning and
maintaining the yard, workshops and customer areas.
- Upholding that health and safety premises measures are in place to
ensure the safety of customers and staff.
- Organising stock by ensuring appropriate labelling and storage parts.
- Assisting on site, customers requests for parts , retaining detail of
the request and communicating with colleagues to support the sale.
- Collecting parts from the yard site from yard operatives and mechanics.
- Assisting mechanics where requested.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Hardworking and honest.
- Curious about cars and wants to learn more about car parts, dismantling
and mechanics (car and parts knowledge an advantage).
- Happy to work in an outdoor environment.
- A team player with a friendly polite attitude and confident supportive
approach when speaking to customers.
- Have excellent timekeeping and positive work ethic.
- Be self motivated and passionate about working to a high standard.
- Take initiative and proactive in assisting car operations and
- Have an organised approach to storage and high standards of a clean and
safe work environment.
- Be able to rely on memory and/or devise own system of recalling and finding
storage of parts quickly.
Job Type:Full time; Monday to Friday.
Salary: From £19,000 per year.
Qualifications: GCSE or equivalent (preferred).
**To Apply:**If you are unemployed, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Maria on 07815465609.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: FullTime
Expiration Date: 19/10/2022