Services for Individuals – what you can expect from us
- Polite, professional and helpful staff who provide free, impartial and independent information, advice and guidance on all aspects of jobs, education and training, including self-employment in an informal, comfortable environment
- All information you give us is treated in strictest confidence and is kept securely
- Information held will not be passed to third parties without your permission
- The opportunity to register with the service within 2 weeks of initial enquiry
- One to one appointments with advisers that are confidential and tailored to meet clients' needs
- Clear, accurate and up to date information (available in a range of formats and languages upon request)
- Up to date information on local and Merseyside-wide vacancies and the latest recruitment initiatives are available
- Each client will have an individual Action Plan to help to achieve goals
- Help with producing or updating a CV (first draft completed within 1 week of appointment)
- Workshops to improve employability e.g. interview techniques and skills, filling in application forms, covering letters
- Free use of Internet, fax, telephone and postage related to jobs or training
- If information is not readily available, we will respond to your request within 3 working days
- If we cannot provide suitable information or training we will identify other suitable alternatives and if requested make contact with that provider on your behalf
- We will keep in contact with clients after they have registered to find out how we can best continue our support
- Our services are delivered in line with the Matrix guidance standards
Services for Individuals – what we expect from you
- To attend appointments on time, or to notify us if unable to attend
- To keep in regular contact with your Adviser to maximise your opportunities, return phone calls or complete and return any feedback forms you may receive from Sefton@Work before and after finding employment
- To provide us with complete and accurate information about your work experience and skills so that we can match you with the most suitable vacancies
- To feed back to us the outcome of any applications or interviews and provide us with a completed "Confirmation of Employment or Training" form for our records
- To adhere to our Acceptable Behaviour policy
Advice for jobseekers – effective job search
This document provides information and advice on how to undertake an effective job search using the internet.
CLICK TO VIEW DOCUMENT (opens in new window)
This template is to illustrate the type of information you will need to complete your cv. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you about your cv via email; however you can contact us by phone for an appointment with an Adviser, if you so wish.
CLICK TO VIEW TEMPLATE (opens in new window)
Employer Liaison Team
Sefton@Work vacancies arise from our work with employers. These employers are offered a bespoke service with their recruitment, selection and retention of staff. This means that an Employer Liaison Officer works with the employer to ensure that appropriate HR policies are in place; we may support the employer with the compilation of job descriptions, contracts of employment, induction, discipline and grievance procedures, absence management and signpost to other business support.
We will supply example interview questions, sift application forms, conduct pre-screening interviews giving employers feedback on the applicants, so that we put forward the most suitable candidates for the employer to interview and identify where, with some additional support applicants can join their workforce. This may mean negotiating with a Partner organisation to organise funding, arranging pre-employment training.
We can give applicants feedback if they are not put forward to the employer, so that they can improve their employability prospects for the future. We can also arrange for an appointment with an Adviser for Sefton residents who can help with information, advice and guidance with training, work placements and employment opportunities.
In addition, the Employer Liaison Team supports large scale recruitments such as Asda and Tesco.
Current Job VacanciesPlease click the link below to view current job vacancies with details of how to apply.
Jobcentre Plus Vacancies (opens in new window)
Sefton Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
Liverpool City Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
Knowsley Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
Wirral Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
Halton Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
St Helens Council Vacancies (opens in new window)
Lancashire County Council Vacancies (opens in new window)